Since its launch in 2012 The Australian Bereavement Register (TABR) suppression file has been one of the most welcomed initiatives to hit the direct marketing industry in recent years. The purpose of TABR is to enable marketers to match their customer and prospect data with TABR to identify and remove any deceased names before marketing to them.
Over the past 2 years public and industry awareness of the service has grown significantly and TABR suppression file has just recently reach a major milestone with over 400,000 records held on the file.
Deceased Data – The Facts:
Sending mail to deceased individuals is not just annoying it’s distressing and offensive to the bereaved. Actions of this kind will almost certainly affect the reputation of the company responsible.
Research shows that the approx. 140,000 people who die every year in Australia will continue to receive an average 68 items of promotional addressed advertising mail in the 12 months following their death. This amounts to a staggering 9.5 million pieces of unwanted mail being sent.
What can TABR do for you?
- Limit corporate brand damage created by irresponsible data practices
- Help stop identity fraud, which can substantially increases the risk of bad debt
- Contribute to Privacy Act data compliance for your company
- Direct Marketing campaign performance is based on response rate against volume; removing deceased records from your mailing files will maximise response rates and ROI
- Avoid over-suppressing your database – each record on the TABR file goes through a unique validation process based on fact not assumptions
- Improve the environmental reputation of your company and the DM Industry
- Achieve cost savings and increase your efficiency and corporate responsibility by not mailing people who are deceased
What makes TABR unique?
- Most records captured within 14 days following a death
- Updated daily and released monthly
- All records are permissioned and validated, giving you accurate and reliable factual data
For more information about TABR suppression file call us today on +612 9340 7019 or click here